Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Living Lohan" or "Living Celebrity" ???

So, I'm not going to lie, I only really watch about 3 hours of TV total each week, and that is only because they are previously recorded shows. My room mates watch enough TV for the entire town of Bridgewater, hence why we have DVR. At the current time I watch Greek, Gossip Girl, and One Tree Hill. Once Heroes comes back on in the fall I'll watch that as well. Oddly enough, all of these shows air on Monday nights. The good thing about DVR is that I don't have to watch them all on Monday's. But, because I'm usually very excited to see what's going to happen, I wind up sitting in front of the TV for three hours that night. Which leads me to a problem. I have nothing to watch for the rest of the week.

This isn't a huge problem because I don't really have time to watch anything else, however when I'm eating breakfast or dinner and no one is home, I like to sit in the living room and watch some television. This forces me to watch the news I've already read about in the paper or online, some crap talk show, or something saved in the DVR. This brings me up to my current complaint: Absolutely everything saved in my DVR is some sort of reality TV show. Not that I have anything against reality TV, I admit it's addicting. However, I think "Living Lohan" is absolutely pushing it. But, for some reason I found myself watching it yesterday afternoon while eating lunch, and it made me think of this blog, and gave me something to write about.

Lindsey Lohan's mom, Dina, I think her name is legitimately sits at home all day looking up gossip columns in papers, magazines, online, and on TV. She pretty much considers this her job. She'll look for trash talk about her daughter and call them up and tell them it's not true, and if they don't listen she'll threaten to call her lawyer. There was a half hour episode of pretty much just that. I thought it was funny because she doesn't want any of this negative attention for her children yet she agrees to do a reality television in which her two younger children are starring in. She's asking for trouble.

I don't understand why celebrities don't get the fact that they are going to be gossiped about, sometimes negatively, and that they are only going to make it worse by participating in the things that they deny that they do.

Check it out for yourself...

1 comment:

Dr. Bjorn Ingvoldstad said...

NEW POST!!! NEW POST!!! What else have you got?

;)