I meant to talk about the The Happening movie premier awhile back but never had the opportunity. I didn't really know what to expect going into it, I was obviously really excited to meet (well, re-meet) Mark Wahlberg. I had met him various times when I was younger at family events, but when your younger those types of things don't seem to matter as much. We arrived at the theater around 6ish, and the movie started at 7. We were told to get there early or we wouldn't be allowed in. When you first walked up, just as I suspected their would be, there was was a small red carpet with a backboard of images from the movie behind it. People were already standing up against the red carpet as security guards and movie people were attempting to move people along so that it wouldn't be too crowded when Mark arrived. My sisters and I walked into the movie theater and asked when we would be allowed into the movie, they told us 15 minutes or so. We really weren't too excited to see Mark arrive so we went to a bar next door and got some (horrible) drinks. About 20 minutes later we headed back over to the theater.
When we got there we were let right in. There was complimentary popcorn, soda, and water for all of the guests attending the premier. When walking into the theater we had to show our tickets three different times, the third time we were asked if we had a yellow sticker on our ticket, which we had, which meant that we were Family/Friends and had the VIP seats. The seats were exactly where I would have chosen to sit, directly in the middle of the theater. It was kind of funny walking in because the people that were sitting on the sides that didn't have the VIP seating were looking at us trying to figure out who the heck we were, like we were some famous people or something.
A few minutes passed and it got quiet and Mark's brother Jimbo announced his arrival, he came out for a couple of minutes, made some jokes and told us to enjoy the movie. He then came up and sat with his family for a little while, and I'm pretty sure left shortly after.
The movie started. I jumped a few times, mostly because seeing people pull pens out of their hair and stabbed themselves in the neck, and jumping off buildings and running themselves over with lawn mowers, just isn't my cup of tea. The acting was pretty horrible, but it wasn't like I was going to run up to Mark after the movie and tell him that.
The movie ended around 9, and the after party began at 10. We found another local bar and grabbed a couple of drinks and then headed over to the party around 10:30, obviously being fashionably late. It was at a penthouse suite in the Ritz Carlton. The place was absolutely beautiful. When you were outside on the deck you could see pretty much all of Boston, it was definitely worth sitting through that horrible movie to see the view. Mark had a special VIP area set up outside for his family and close friends to watch the Celtics with him. He left pretty early, but the party kept on going. There was free food and beverages, a dj, tons of dancing, and a lot of creepy old men. (The man that owns the penthouse is friends with Mark's brother Jimbo and happens to be the shadiest man I have ever met.) My only complaint of the whole evening was that I didn't get a SWAG BAG!!!!!!
Apparently when leaving movie premiers or other celebrity parties they give you gives, this party was no different. Only problem being that my sisters are party animals and we were pretty much the last people to leave so their weren't any left. Oh well, just another day in the life of a celebrity haha.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was actually the first one I went to, but yeah I could probably get tickets to any of his movie premieres. M. Night was not at the party though :(
Post a Comment